2 Samuel 11:1 / Isaiah 9:6-7, 11:1-10 / John 14:17 / Philippians 4:6-7
1. What is currently creating the most chaos in my life right now?
2. Have I surrendered the chaos in my life over to God? Why or why not?
-Read Isaiah 11:6-7
3. What sticks out to me most about this verse? Have you skipped over the aspects of Jesus being called “Mighty God” and “Everlasting Father”? What would change in my life if I truly believe Jesus is what he’s called in Isaiah?
4. How has the idea of peace changed in my own life? What’s caused it to change? What has helped give me peace and what’s made peace hard?
5. What things besides Christ do I try to bring peace in my life? How well do those other things give peace in comparison to Christ’s peace?
1. Think about what things in life are hindering your inner peace and spend time praying with God and surrendering these things to God.
2. Pray for opportunities to share God’s peace with others this week and follow through on this.