Additional Passages: 1 John 4:9-11, 19; John 10:30, 15:12
For Further Discussion:
- Is it easy or hard for me to experience genuine love? Why?
- Is it easy or hard for me to express genuine love? Why?
- Why did John emphasize the merits of Jesus (water, blood, Spirit, Father) so strongly?
- How is my "vertical" relationship with God directly tied to my "horizontal" relationships with the people around me?
- How do I normally handle people who are hard for me to love?
- How does loving God and loving people "overcome the world"?
- Who is God calling me to specifically love this week? How can I love them?
- What am I learning that can help me "Grow as a disciple who loves God, loves people and serves the world?"